Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Let's plan May together: The party, the lad and the lost shoe

Who doesn't know the story of Cinderella? Which young girl didn't want to lose her shoe as a clue for a prince to find her? (well... me. I wanted to take a sword and go kill a dragon instead. I was a weird child. However, with no dragons around, a party with a prince would also be nice, I suppose...) Wouldn't  you want to come back into your childhood dreams for an hour or two?


The Metropolitan Opera form New York presents "Cinderella". A story of a poor girl who dreams of visiting the nearby castle and see a great ball with her own eyes. Her stepmother and two envious sisters do it every week or so, but Cinderella is always left home. One evening, when she is left alone again, her fairy goodmother appears. Cinderella is given an awesome dress and carriage (created of her old, stained dress and a pumpkin with magic) and can finally attend a ball. There is only one condition - Cinderella but be back home before midnight, for then the spell will run out and everything will turn back to its previous form...

How the story ends we all perfectly know. It is not about being thrilled about the ending, it is about being a child again for a few moments. We can become children once more on May 11th at Kino Kijów in Krakow. It will be fun, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment