Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Let's plan May together: A bit of Scandinavian melancholy

When somebody says "Scandinavia" what comes to our minds? I'd say it's snow, raindeers and tall blond guys with big pale eyes filled with melancholy. Well, I can see no snow out there, the same with raindeers. I cannot promise tall blond guys either but a bit of Scandinavian melancholy - as you please.


Airbag consists of a five (definitely tall) guys (but only one blond...) from Norway. Their music is located somewhere between art rock and progressive rock. In truth it is hard to label them. To describe their music properly, one must know the wide range of bands which inspired them. Listening to Airbag we sometimes hear Pink Floyd, sometimes Radiohead, sometimes the guys glimpse at late Porcupine Tree compositions, sometimes they flirt with their fellow countrymen from A-ha. You don't need to be Alfred Einstein to know that "progressive rock" label doesn't fit here really much. So let's do it another way. Let's look at the four legendary bands I wrote about and... let's come to Airbag concert!

The show will take place at Klub Studio in Krakow on May 25th. More about the band you can find here: airbagsound.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment